1 1/3 cup whole RAW blanched skinned almonds or RAW blanched hazelnuts (filberts) or RAW macadamias (you can also use pre made nut flour if you want to skip the step of blanching and skinning the nuts. I found it almost impossible to skin hazelnuts)
2 tbsp wild honey (will be absorbed when dehydrating)
1 pkg of yogurt starter -yogurmet
- Put nuts (or flour) into blender
- Add enough cold water to get a total of 4 cups.
- Add 2 tablespoons of honey
- Blend until mixture reaches 100 on a yogurt thermometer, let cool to just below 100
- Add yogurt starter to 1/4 cup of the nut milk
- Stir well with whisk; add the rest of the milk
- Stir well and place container in dehydrator on yogurt setting (115) for 12 to 15 hours
- Stir and store in fridge for up to 1 week (This lasts me and me fella about a week)
This nut yoghurt is a great alternative for goat or cow's yogurt, and it is so delicious as a topping for fruit or pie in place of ice cream or whipping cream, yippee!!! Enjoy!